Your Privacy, Our Priority
What Are Cookies?
“Cookies” in the context of online marketing and web browsing refer to small pieces of data that are stored on users’ computers by their web browsers when they visit certain websites. On our website, cookies are used for a variety of purposes such as improving website performance and providing a more personalized experience.
How to Clear Browser Cookies on Desktop
- Click on the three vertical dots (top-right corner) > More tools > Clear browsing data.
- Choose the time range and make sure “Cookies and other site data” is checked.
- Click on “Clear data”.
- Click on the three horizontal lines (top-right corner) > Options.
- Select “Privacy & Security” > “Cookies and Site Data” > “Clear Data”.
- Confirm by clicking “Clear”.
- Open Edge.
- Click on the three horizontal dots (top-right corner) > Settings.
- Under “Clear browsing data”, click on “Choose what to clear”.
- Check “Cookies and saved website data” and click “Clear”.
- In Internet Explorer, press CTRL-Shift-Delete.
- Select from the list which types of browsing data to remove – to remove just cookies, select the option labeled ‘Cookies and Website Data’.
- Click Delete.
- Open Opera.
- Go to Menu (top-left) > Settings > Privacy & security.
- Under “Clear browsing data”, choose “Cookies and other site data” and click “Clear data”.
- Open Safari.
- Go to Safari > Preferences > Privacy.
- Click “Remove All Website Data” or “Details” to select specific sites.
How to Clear Browser Cookies on Mobile
- Open Settings > Safari.
- Scroll down and tap “Clear History and Website Data”.
- Confirm the action.
- Open the Chrome app.
- Tap the three dots (bottom-right for iOS, top-right for Android) > Settings.
- Tap on “Privacy” > “Clear browsing data”.
- Check “Cookies, site data” and then tap “Clear data”.
Microsoft Edge Mobile
- Open the Edge app.
- Tap on the three dots (bottom-center) > Settings.
- Tap on “Privacy and security” > “Clear browsing data”.
- Check “Cookies and saved site data” and tap “Clear”.
Opera for Mobile Devices
- Open the Opera app.
- Tap on the Opera logo (bottom-right) > Settings.
- Scroll down and tap “Clear browsing data”.
- Check “Cookies and site data” and tap “OK”.
Firefox (Android & iOS)
- Open the Firefox app.
- Tap on the three dots (bottom-right) > Settings.
- Tap on “Clear private data”.
- Make sure “Cookies & active logins” is selected and tap on “Clear data”.
Other Android Web Browsers
Note – these steps are intentionally broad to cover as many browsers as possible. You may find that some of the buttons mentioned below are different, in such instances, clicking ‘Clear Cache’ or ‘Clear Browsing Data’ options might provide the required result.
Visit Settings, and choose Apps (on some devices, this may be ‘Application Manager’).
Swipe to the ‘All’ tab.
In the list of installed apps, find and tap on your web browser application.
Tap ‘Clear Data’, then tap ‘Clear Cache’.
Close your web browser application fully and re-open it to finish.
These steps should help you manage and clear cookies on the most popular browsers across devices.
Always refer to the official documentation or help sections of the respective browsers for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Your description here…
Our cookie analysis was conducted in Google Chrome’s incognito mode with third-party cookies enabled.
We wanted to ensure the most accurate results for you! Rest assured that during the analysis, we didn’t open any other websites except for the one we were investigating.
However, it’s important to note that if you’ve used or visited any of our third-party providers like Google, Microsoft, or Classe365, you may encounter additional cookies.
We always prioritize your privacy, so we encourage you to explore the comprehensive privacy policies of our trusted providers. Your security and peace of mind matter to us!